[Tutor] need help to understand terms for desinging a program

Hameed U. Khan hameed.u.khan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 10:55:43 CEST 2005

Hi,
  I need to make a program which will accomplish following. I dont
need the code. I want to make it myself. But I need guidance from you
people because I am not a good programmer. I need help in
understanding following terms.

   " qmail-queue  reads  a  mail message from descriptor 0.  It
       then reads envelope information  from  descriptor  1.   It
       places  the  message  into  the  outgoing queue for future
       delivery by qmail-send.

       The envelope information is  an  envelope  sender  address
       followed  by  a list of envelope recipient addresses.  The
       sender address is preceded by the letter F and  terminated
       by  a  0  byte.  Each recipient address is preceded by the
       letter T and terminated by a 0 byte.  The list of  recipi-
       ent addresses is terminated by an extra 0 byte.  If qmail-
       queue sees end-of-file before the extra 0 byte, it  aborts
       without placing the message into the queue."

 I want to inspect messages before passing them to actuall qmail-queue
program.
Thanks in advance for your help.
--
Regards,