[Tutor] FW: Help Needed

Carroll, Barry Barry.Carroll at psc.com
Wed Oct 5 18:36:10 CEST 2005

Alan is right.  According to section 3.5.2 of "Learning Python, 2nd
Edition", by David Ascher and Mark Lutz:

	Run scripts from text edit windows, not the interactive window. To
run
	a file of code under IDLE, always select the Edit/RunScript menu
	option from within the text edit window where you are editing the
code
	to be run-not from within the main interactive window where the >>>
	prompt appears. The RunScript option should arguably not be
available
	in the interactive window at all (and in fact seems to have
	disappeared in the recent release); if you select it there, you'll
	wind up trying to run a log of your interactive session, with less
	than desirable results!

Regards,

Barry