[Tutor] New Python book

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Wed Oct 5 20:20:14 CEST 2005

Dick Moores wrote:
> Magnus Lie Hetland's new book, _Beginning Python: From Novice to
> Professional_ was published by Apress on Sept. 26 (in the U.S.). Very
> much worth a look, IMHO. But what do the tutors think?
>
> <http://www.bestbookdeal.com/book/compare/159059519X>

This seems to be an update to his previous book, "Practical Python", rather than a completely new book. The TOC is almost identical. I haven't read the earlier book, either, so I don't have an opinion. The same sample chapter is available for each if anyone wants to compare. (see www.apress.com)

Kent