[Tutor] Simple Tkinter question (fwd)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sat Oct 8 00:11:55 CEST 2005

> I wish I understood Tkinter better; I've looked at most of the on-line
> stuff, ...
> well, after I deliver this one program with Tk, I think I'm going to
> switch
> to wxPython for future GUI front-ends.

Most of the issues discssed on this thread apply to every GUI environment.
They all basically work the same way with the GUI providing an event loop
which calls callback functions in response to an event. If a callback
handler
goes into a long loop the GUI app will freeze. THats how GUIs work,
Tlinter vv wxPython won't change that. wxPython will give a slightly
nicer look n feel to your apps though (especially on Windows).

Alan G.