[Tutor] is there any Python code for spatial tessellation?

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 10 21:11:56 CEST 2005

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Shi Mu wrote:

> There are four points with coordinates:
> 2,3;4,9;1,6;3,10.
> How to use Python to draw one perpendicular bisector between (2,3) and (4,9);
> the other perpendicular bisector between (1,6)和(3,10);
> then, makes the output like:
> l1 a b c
> l2 a b c
> (Note: l indicates the perpendicular bisector with equation ax + by = c.)
> Plus the intersection coordinates of the two perpendicular bisectors:
> x,y

Hi Shi Mu,

I am having a hard time understanding the relationship between your first
slightly scary question --- spatial tesselation --- with the second, much
more basic question --- perpendicular bisectors.

I'm not getting any good sense of what you know.  And the core of your
question has nothing to do with Python: it's more an elementary
algebra/geometry homework assignment.  Frankly speaking, for the kind of
geometry questions you've asked so far, I believe you should already know
how do that.

You haven't said anything about what you've tried, or what difficulties
you're running into.  As far as I can tell, you haven't put in any effort
into anything except for repeating a problem statement.

See:

    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#homework

We're not going to do your homework.  Show us what you're really having
trouble with, and if it's programming related, we will try to help point
things out.  But other than that, you really have to do your own work.