[Tutor] launching and monitor from make

Ertl, John john.ertl at fnmoc.navy.mil
Wed Oct 12 16:27:37 CEST 2005

All,

I have a very simple python program that reads one file and overwrites
anouther text file.  This workes great from the command line and it has
error checking but just outputs messages and the like to the screen.

The CM team here would like to have the script run each week as part of the
automated rebuilds.  The suggestion was to make the execution of the scritp
part of the bigger programs make file.  How would I handel errors when the
program is run from a makefile?  I hate make so I have not done a lot of
playing with what make can do in this respect but can python get an error
message to make?

Thanks,

John Ertl