[Tutor] Struct headspinner

Liam Clarke ml.cyresse at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:30:41 CEST 2005

> """By default, C numbers are represented in the machine's native format
> and byte order, and properly aligned by skipping pad bytes if necessary
> (according to the rules used by the C compiler)."""
>

> Does this make sense?  Please feel free to ask more questions on this;
> it's a bit of a low-level topic.

Thanks Danny, it does indeed make sense. I'd assumed that was long as
everything aligned to a multiple of 4, it was OK, based on the padding
I've been working with in the data.

And, I had read the above quote from the docs, but hadn't properly
extrapolated it. A bit like man pages, sometimes you've gotta follow
the logical consequences through.

Once again, thanks, this is pretty low level stuff; I think I need to
learn C, it would help.

Regards,

Liam Clarke