[Tutor] IDLE will not appear under Win95 (Python 2.4.2) (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 17 22:49:57 CEST 2005

[Keeping tutor in CC]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:03:22 +1300
From: Dave Shea <skylark at fastmail.fm>
To: Danny Yoo <dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [Tutor] IDLE will not appear under Win95 (Python 2.4.2)

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your note. I tried your original suggestion of using the
C:\Python24 as the home directory but to no avail. So now I am a bit stuck
on your and Alan's next suggestion which is to use PythonWin.

I downloaded:
http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/pywin32/pywin32-204.win32-py2
.4.exe

and it installed fine.

However, it is listed as "Python for Windows extensions" so I assume that
installing this whilst still having Pythin24 installed was the way to go.
The installer seemed to be OK about this but when I went to start PythonWin
I could not actually find anything to start. I think I may be missing
something here. Is PythonWin a separate installation of Python with an
IDE/GUI ? Or is PythonWin simply something to sit over the top of a (any)
Python installation.

I'm a bit lost, as you may tell so any help would be greatly accepted.

Many thanks.

Dave Shea
Wellington
New Zealand.