[Tutor] IDLE will not appear under Win95 (Python 2.4.2) (fwd)

paul brian paul1brian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 23:11:31 CEST 2005

I would suggest that you use
"add Remove Programs" in the control panel
and remove the python and win32 installations that you have installed

Then visit
www.activestate.com and download the package for activePython

(http://activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePython)

You may need to download the latest MSI (MS installer) files from
microsoft as Win95 does not understand them

Activestate has a nice installer and you would be up and running then.

cheers