[Tutor] regular expression matching a dot?

Frank Bloeink frankbloeink at nerdshack.com
Wed Oct 19 17:31:39 CEST 2005

Hi [Christian|List]

This post is not regarding your special problem (which anyway has been
solved by now), but I'd like to share some general tip on working with
regular expressions.
There are some nice regex-debuggers out there that can help clearify
what went wrong when a regex doesn't match when it should or vice versa.

Kodos http://kodos.sourceforge.net/ is one of them, but there are many
others that can make your life easier ; at least in terms of
regex-debugging ;)

Probably most of you (especially all regex-gurus) know about this
already, but i thought it was worth the post as a hint for all beginners

hth Frank