[Tutor] is mxDateTime recommended?

Lance E Sloan lsloan-000002 at umich.edu
Thu Oct 20 22:26:43 CEST 2005

Hello, all.  It's been quite some time since I've sent a message to the
Python tutor list.

I would like to know if mxDateTime is still the recommended module to use
for date calculations.  I've been using it for a few years with a set of
CGIs I had written.  Should I continue to use that, or is there some other
"preferred" module I should use?

I ask because recently the Webmasters have changed from a Solaris
environment to a Linux one.  I recompiled the (very) old version of
mxDateTime I have and it works, but through a process of elimination, I
found that it is causing a segmentation fault as my program ends.  That is,
it does all the date manipulation properly, but as the Python interpreter
terminates (due to a sys.exit() call, implicit end of program, or an error)
a segmentation fault happens.

I suspect that I could correct this by building a newer version of
mxDateTime, but I just wanted to be sure that's what I should do before I
spend the time on it.

Thanks in advance!

--
Lance E Sloan, Systems Research Programmer III
U-M WATS: Web Applications, Technologies, and Solutions