[Tutor] IDLE error msgs and line continuations?

CPIM Ronin ronin_cpim at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 01:33:46 CEST 2005

When using IDLE, after hitting F5 to save and run, if an error occurs, it
merely flashes at the code location of the error. While I usually figure out
what is wrong, why don't I get the detailed text error messages that the
command line gives?

Also, I'm getting most error messages when I try line continuation for
clarity:

     if (condition 123 and
         condition 456):

I distinctly remember Python allowing the above.

Thanks.

RC