[Tutor] Can anyone help me?

bob bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Fri Oct 28 06:35:07 CEST 2005

At 07:07 PM 10/27/2005, Nathan Pinno wrote:
>Hey all,
>I am trying to create a program that draws 6 numbers between 1 and 49 at
>random for creating lottery tickets. I want to have a better chance when I
>play.

Define "better chance". Lottery odds are how many tickets you buy relative
to how many tickets everyone else has bought. No program will improve or
degrade your odds. The only way you can reduce your odds is to buy more
than one ticket with the same numbers.

Keep in mind that a lottery is as truly random as one can get (assuming no
rigging). There is no memory of past outcomes involved nor of better
guessing techniques.