[Tutor] OT - Re: Can anyone help me?

Ed Singleton singletoned at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:29:53 CEST 2005

You can actually increase your chance of winning in the English lottery.

If two many tickets win a prize in one draw, the lowest prize (£10 for
three numbers) is not paid out.

Also the jackpot is shared between all the winning tickets (6 numbers)
some sets of numbers like 1,2,3,4,5,6 are chosen by over 20,000 people
a week.  You would share the jackpot with 20,000 other people.

Picking random numbers makes you less likely to chose the same numbers
as everyone else.

Incidently, the odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 14 million
(roughly).  I've seen the jackpot go up to £25million which makes it
theoretically a good bet.

Ed