[Tutor] Can anyone help me?

bob bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Fri Oct 28 16:16:34 CEST 2005

At 09:42 PM 10/27/2005, Nathan Pinno wrote:

>If I create a program that randomly draws 6 numbers, its like the lottery.
>According to an article I read in Reader's Digest, if you get a Quick Pick
>- which is six numbers at random - you increase your odds of winning.

Odds are how many tickets you buy relative to how many tickets everyone
else has bought. Has nothing to do with the mechanism for generating
numbers. Any guesses you make are "random". You might as well buy fortune
cookies and copy the numbers in them. Or add 1 to each number. Or .... No
action on your part will ensure that you win, or give you a better shot at
winning than anyone else.

>I want to create a program that will imitate the Quick Pick process for
>myself.

So ask the lottery people what random number algorithm they use and program
it for yourself. Not that doing that will make any difference.