[Tutor] Code Readability (was: Recursion and List Comprehensions)

Carroll, Barry Barry.Carroll at psc.com
Sat Oct 29 03:24:00 CEST 2005

Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> wrote:

<<snip>>

>>PS Don't get too crazy about eliminating intermediate variables, they can
>>make the code more readable.
>>
>>Kent

I agree.  When writing for keeps (i.e. production code) I prefer clarity and
ease of maintenance over 'elegance' or 'trickiness'.  This exercise is
intended, in part, to sharpen my understanding of Python idioms.  If I can
write highly idiomatic code that works,  chances are better that I will be
able to decipher it when I come across it elsewhere.

Barry