[Tutor] Newbie Question - Python vs Perl

Alan Gauld ukc802591034 at btconnect.com
Mon Oct 31 09:25:06 CET 2005

> friend told me I should learn Perl over Python as it's more
> prevalent.  I'm going to be using it on a Mac.

In that case you should switch to a PC because they are more prevalent.
Also you should learn to program in COBOL since its the most prevalent
of all computer languages.

And yet most folks in the industry prefer Macs to PCs when they have
a choice and most unbiased observers think COBOL sucks!
Python is a lot easier to learn and work with than Perl...
go figure. :-)

--
Alan G
Author of the learn to program web tutor