[Tutor] Program to lock folders under win32

Joal Heagney jhe13586 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Sep 4 01:53:35 CEST 2005

Mark Kels wrote:
> Hi list.
>
> I want to make a program to lock folders (so the user can only access
> them if he knows the password) under win32, the only problem is that I
> have no idea how to start or what to do. Do you guys have any ideas of
> how to do it?
>
> Thanks!

Other option might be to see if there's any native programs/support for
encrypted folders with passwords. Something like an encrypted zip file,
but the operating system recognises that it's meant to be treated as a
folder.

(Note that the password/encryption on ordinary zip files is rather weak
and definatly shouldn't be used for anything that absolutely has to be
kept secret.)

Joal