[Tutor] Program to lock folders under win32

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sun Sep 4 16:37:43 CEST 2005

>> I want to make a program to lock folders (so the user can only
>> access
>> them if he knows the password) under win32

If it's Windows NT or later folder password protection is standard(I
think!).
If it's Windows 2000 or later you get file encryption too (although
as expected from Microsoft its full of security holes by default!)
If it's XP Pro you can add zipped folders too...

I think there are registry hacks to turn on these facilities
in XP Home too...

You can access the hooks using the WSH objects and a COM interface
such as the winall package.

HTH,

Alan G