[Tutor] Game Engine HowTos?

luke rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 08:58:09 CEST 2005

>>I believe this is what you are looking for:
>>http://www.pygame.org/
>>
> Pygame? Well I'll take a look... do they have documentation for Game
> Engine writing?

why didn't you look before you asked? just curious.
Pygame is a library that gives you easy, low-level access to the graphics
buffer
and the sound as well.
it has commands for blitting images and drawing primitive shapes on the
screen.
so it isn't a game engine.
it's what goes under the game engine, doing all the dirty drawing work for
you.

I don't think there are game engine tutorials on the site explicitly,
but you should be able to figure out how to write one if you look through
the
other tutorials.
also, you might want to look into joining the pygame mailing list.
they are very helpful.
-Luke

Afterthought:
This e-mail was entirely pointless I apologize but I am sending it anyway
because I wasted my time writing it.