[Tutor] Another regular expression question

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 09:43:58 CEST 2005

Hi Bernard,

> Hello, yet another regular expression question :-)
>
> So I have this xml file that I'm trying to find a
> specific tag in.

I'm always suspicious when I see regular expression
and xml/html in the same context. regex are not good
for parsing xml/html files and it's usually much easier
to use a proper parser - such as beautiful soup.

http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/

Is there any special reason why you are using a regex
sledgehammer to crack this particular nut? Or is it
just to gain experience using regex?

Alan G.