[Tutor] Why won't it enter the quiz? (off topic)

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sun Sep 18 00:26:12 CEST 2005

>> Technically there may be something wrong in that if he is
>> claiming copyright and selling for commerxcial gain rather
> Then I recommend that Byron and anyone else interested in
> this stuff go browse http://www.benedict.com/

Interesting site, thanks for pointing it out.

> instead posting off-topic commentaries about people who
> turn to the list with questions.

Is it off topic on a newbie programming list to discuss the
ramifications of trying to sell software? Learning to program
is one thing. Trying to make a professional career out of
it is another and requires additional knowledge. Any newbie
about to embark on such a course should be made aware of
the potential pitfalls.

That's not to discourage said individual from the commercial
venture nor from asking questions. I'd liken it to the stand
we take on giving out homework answers, it's in the
individual's own interests to maximise their own input.

Alan G