[Tutor] pychart and debian

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 19 01:16:51 CEST 2005

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005, nephish wrote:

> anyone have luck getting pychart installed on debian ? there is no
> debian package for it (that i have found thus far) and i need something
> that will allow me to place some simple x, y plots on a chart in pygtk.

Hi sk,

Ah, found it.  It's in the 'testing' and 'unstable' branches in Debian:

    http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python-pychart.html
    http://packages.debian.org/unstable/python/python2.3-pychart

If you're running 'stable', you may want to ask the Debian folks how easy
it is to grab it from 'testing' and install it.

If you install pychart from source, doing 'python setup.py install' should
be sufficient, as long as you have ghostscript installed on your system.

Best of wishes to you!