[Tutor] tuples and mysqldb tables

Ed Hotchkiss edhotchkiss at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 02:41:35 CEST 2005

I was cheap and I skimmed through "programming python" then jumped off a
cliff and went right into it with a ripped parachute. I did a tutorial today
and I solved the problem. I'm having a problem with threads and sockets now
... I wrote a lot of code for this and it should work based on my
understanding of threads and threading in python. For some reason, the
following code does not scan a block of IP's like I had thought that it
should. also, no more basic questions, i promise :P
 Any ideas? (where local host equals your ip or whomever ...)

class scanThread(threading.Thread):
def run(self):
try:
ss = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
ss.connect((ip, port_counter))
print "%s | %d OPEN" % (ip, port_counter)
ss.close()
except: pass

def scan(ip, begin, end):
for port_counter in range(begin, end):