[Tutor] More IDE's (was: Boa-Constructor)
George.Flaherty at marketmax.com
Mon Sep 19 20:21:40 CEST 2005
Well, for starters.
1. PyDEV does not have any type of prespective. I use the java prespective or resources.
2. Check out this guide, granted it is a bit old(2003'ish) but it is still pretty good.
3. Terry, what do you mean by "other functions?" Are you talking about the ant/python extension libraries?
4. Denise, regarding the code-completion as long as you have the libs within the PYTHONPATH you should be able to generate the code completion. Do you have some specific example of a library that is not working for you?
From: tutor-bounces at python.org [mailto:tutor-bounces at python.org] On Behalf Of ->Terry<-
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 12:07 AM
To: D. Hartley
Cc: tutor at python.org
Subject: Re: [Tutor] More IDE's (was: Boa-Constructor)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Today (Sep 16, 2005) at 5:29pm, D. Hartley spoke these wise words:
- ->I know how to use the code completion (hooray for me!) but so far,
- ->most everything else that's going on in PyDev/Eclipse is a mystery to
- ->me. But I managed to get an interactive interpreter as an external
- ->tool, so that's a lot of progress for me.
- ->Technically I suppose this is OT, but did you guys that have used/are
- ->using PyDev/Eclipse use any kind of tutorials for those other
- ->functions? (Not sure if there even *are* any, besides the standard
- ->documentation on PyDev's website) Most of the things I've found on
- ->eclipse are for much more advanced eyes than mine, it would seem.
- ->I'd appreciate any pointers! :)
I too am having problems getting my head wrapped around Pydev/Eclipse.
The docs on Eclipse don't seem to be geared toward Pydev and the FAQ on the Pydev site is rather sparse. At this point, I'm not even sure the install went properly since I see error messages such as:
An internal error occurred during:"Pydev code completion:rebuilding modules"
among others I didn't take the time to copy down. For now I am back to Gedit and an xterm. If you run across more documentation could you please cc me as well?
,-~~-.___. Terry Randall <tvbareATsocketDOTnet>
/ | ' \
< ) 0 Linux Counter Project User# 98233
/ \-'~; /~~~(0)
/ __/~| / | If only Snoopy had Slackware...
=( ______| (________|
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe
it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Unknown
(Best viewed with a mono-spaced font.)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.7 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Tutor maillist - Tutor at python.org
More information about the Tutor