[Tutor] problem with matplot

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 20 18:34:26 CEST 2005

> anyone have any luck getting up and running with matplot-lib on debian?
> from the website, i followed the instructions to get it with apt. but
> something is messed up in the dependencies.

Check with the Debian folks about this one; the problem you're running
into looks really specific to the way Debian has packaged libstdc++6.
This topic isn't really one that folks on Tutor will necessarily have
competence in.  Instead, try the debian-python mailing list:

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/

I did try to Google what was going on, and there's a thread in:

http://lists.badopi.org/pipermail/comandob/Week-of-Mon-20050801/011594.html

Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what they're saying, given that it's not
English.  *grin* But I suspect that someone intimate with the Debian
packaging system would know what was going on here.