[Tutor] Calling Modules in ActiveState 2.4

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 22 01:21:25 CEST 2005

Hi Bob,

Bob, when you see these kinds of errors, please don't paraphrase the error
message.  You mentioned:

> > When I call:
> > import sys
> > sys.exit()
> > I get a traceback error saying it needs more input

Instead of putting the error in your own, just copy-and-paste the error.
Don't worry about verbosity here: we really like seeing good error
messages.  Honest!  *grin*

The reason this is important is because when things break, there could be
any number of reasons why.  We have to be able to know that the problems
we're seeing are the same problems that you're seeing: otherwise, we might
be "fixing" something that has nothing to do with your particular problem.

The code you have written works for me personally, so there must be
something context-sensitive going on here that I'm not seeing yet.
That's why, when we're debugging, we need to see the exact error message
that you're seeing too: it's just one of those valuable additional clues
that we use when figuring out what's going on.

Good luck to you!