[Tutor] Python DB

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 22 11:41:32 CEST 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Matt Williams wrote:

> I've been looking for a simple python based DB for a fairly simple app.
> Only a single user, single access needed, but with a dynamic structure
> (which needs to be extensible very easily).

Hi Matt,

What kind of data are you trying to represent?  And how large will that
data be?

The reason I ask is because I'm going to lead with the silly question:
would something like the "shelve" module be sufficent?

    http://www.python.org/doc/lib/module-shelve.html

I'm just making sure we can cross 'shelve' off as not viable for the
application.  But knowing why 'shelve' would be unsuitable will be helpful
in figuring out a good solution.  *grin*