[Tutor] Python Editors (particualrly Vim)

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Thu Sep 22 17:33:22 CEST 2005

* Poor Yorick <tutor.python.org at pooryorick.com> [050922 06:29]:
> Ed Singleton wrote:
>
> >Okay, I've also found this:
> >http://cream.sourceforge.net/features.html
> >

> It seems to me that all the functionality listed here can easily be done
> in regular vim.  I would still recommend investing time in learning
> plain old vim or gvim.  The payoff for proficiency is high.

  <grin> I'd be a poor war-fighter when it came to editors. Personally,
         I use all of vim, gvim, emacs and Xemacs and I work in a
         multiple-language environment mainly on Linux.
         *but* if I were programming only in python and
         doing so on Windows, I'd probably use pythonwin.

         I've used it in the past and was very impressed,
         a real python IDE.
         MTCW
         tim

--