[Tutor] Challenge [was Re: Why won't it enter the quiz?]

Poor Yorick tutor.python.org at pooryorick.com
Fri Sep 23 06:42:31 CEST 2005

bob wrote:
> At 06:42 PM 9/22/2005, Nathan Pinno wrote:
>
>> The URL is http://zoffee.tripod.com/purchasecomprogs.htm
>

> [snip]
>
> At your invitation I visited the site. I personally would not purchase
> anything listed there due to insufficient information. I don't know what
> I'm getting!
>
> I suggest you dedicate a page to each program with at least one
> screenshot and explanation of what the program does.

The shareware system would work best for these little programs. If it
were me, I would just use the honor system -- a pop-up window on program
startup that says "friendly reminder: This program costs $12.99. Have
you paid me for it or contributed to charity in my name yet? (yes/no)"
Even though some (or even many, who knows?) people won't pay, it's worth
the exposure. Another advantage is if people like what they download,
they will come back and look for other things. In effect, your previous
programs can advertise your newer programs.  Exposure is valuable.

--
Poor Yorick