[Tutor] Threading in a for loop

Bill Burns billburns at pennswoods.net
Fri Sep 23 12:18:02 CEST 2005

[Kent Johnson]
Here are some more resources for you.

This cookbook recipe is very similar to what you want to do, just
customize workerThread1 to do the actual work. It shows how to use a
Queue to communicate back to the GUI thread.
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/82965

Here are a couple of thread pool recipes - these will be useful if you
decide you need multiple threads.
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/203871
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/435883

Kent,

Thank you for the tips and links. I'm using Pyqt and the top link above
has an example modified specifically for Pyqt, so that worked out nice!

As you stated, threading is complex (as I am now finding out), so I will
have to study these examples.

Thanks again!
Bill