[Tutor] Remaking Vim in Python (was Python Editors)

Marcin Komorowski marcink at ieee.org
Fri Sep 23 19:48:59 CEST 2005

Ed,
Before you dive into a full-fledged editor development project you might
want to consider an existing extendible platform like Eclipse.  It is much
more than just an editor, i.e. it is an advanced IDE platform.  The sweet
thing is that it allows for developing plugins to add functionality.  I have
not tried it, but someone already developed a vi input mode plugin for it.

Cheers,
Marcin