[Tutor] Sum of List Elements

Luke Jordan luke.jordan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 17:11:34 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I have spent an embarrassingly large amount of time trying to solve what on
its face seems like a simple problem.

I have a list of intergers, and I want to assign the sum of the intergers in
the list to a variable. There are only intergers in the list.

The best I have been able to do so far is to write a function that adds
list[0] and list[1], then list[1] and list [2], etc. Of course, this isn't
what I want.

I'd like to be able to sum a list of any size without having to type
list[0]+list[1]....

I am totally stumped.

:(

Luke

--
"Whether you're an honest man, or whether you're a thief, depends on whose
solicitor has given me my brief. " - Benjamin Franklin