[Tutor] Exception handling - syntaxerror?!

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at saudi.net.sa
Sun Sep 25 17:05:14 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 19:44 +0530, Krishna wrote:
 <snip>
> Think the mail system screwed up the formatting! But am fairly sure
> that I have indented it correctly in the console. Try and Except are
> in the column. Any other hints?
Make sure you're not mixing "tabs" and "spaces".  A lot of editors uses
the ASCII "tab" character when hitting the Tab key, while other inserts
8 (or 4 on some cases) ASCII "space" character in that case.

If you're sure "try:" and "except:" are on the same column, then the
above advice is the only one I have for you.  Sorry.

> BTW, I had just added the last print statement to see how try...except worked.
>
> Thanks for the response.
You're welcome.

> -Kris

Ziyad.