[Tutor] Challenge [was Re: Why won't it enter the quiz?]

bob bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Tue Sep 27 00:47:56 CEST 2005

At 10:56 AM 9/26/2005, Nathan Pinno wrote:
>The actual URL is
><http://zoffee.tripod.com/purchasecompprogs.htm>http://zoffee.tripod.com/purchasecompprogs.htm
>
>>I did what you suggested. Take another look, and tell me if you were a
>>potential customer, would you purchase something?

No. For one thing I can (if I didn't already have one) buy a "real"
calculator for $1.00. Also my WIndows op sys comes with a calculator with
much more capabilities.

Also, seeing your screenshots leads me to suspect that the programs are
character mode rather than providing a GUI.  This would be a turn off to
most computer users.

One marketing clue - tell me how the program will benefit me. All I see is
that it will take more work to do a calculation than using a "real"
calculator. I think there is no benefit.

I say these things not to discourage you but to encourage you to find ways
to give customers something they need/want and can't get some other way or
as nice or as cheap or as fun or .... IOW if I'm to spend $10 I want some
real benefit.

Think about why McDonald's is successful. Why people will spend $ for food
that is not outstandingly good.

How do you find an equivalent benefit for software users?