[Tutor] HTTP GET Request

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Tue Sep 27 18:33:29 CEST 2005

Jerl Simpson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been looking through some of the HTTP projects and haven't quite
> found what I'm looking for.
> Basicall, what I need is a stand alone CGI.  Instead of the program
> passing the data off to a CGI, I want it to parse and handle the request
> directly.
>
> The part I'm having trouble with is actually getting the request and
> parsing it.

It sounds like you need to set up a web server. It also sounds like maybe you don't know that you need to set up a web server? You might want to take a look at CherryPy which is pretty easy to get started with. The third tutorial program shows how to get query parameters from the URL.
http://www.cherrypy.org

Kent