[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 19, Issue 82

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Tue Sep 27 22:29:15 CEST 2005

sanjay sinha wrote:
> I am sanju sinha just started python from the last one month . I have
> gone through all basic programming of with python and also use Tkinter
> for window . I want to know from you all experience person in python
> that weather i move to wx or tkinter is sufficient for GUI programming.

Tkinter is usable for GUI development and it's the default GUI toolkit
in Python. wx is also usable. wx offers IMO better tools (visual GUI
builders) and better looks, but your users will have to download both Py
and wxPy to use it - unless you use Py2exe. Whether you should switch
depends on whether you like Tkinter or not. I for one really dislike it
and avoid programs written in it, but others seem to prefer Tkinter -
it's very much a matter of taste.

In the future please don't include a full tutor digest in your message
and mind the warning at the top of the digest:

'When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Tutor digest..."'

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====
Mail address in header catches spam. Real contact info:
''.join([''.join(s) for s in zip(
"poet at aao.l pmfe!Pes ontuei ulcpss  edtels,s hr' one oC.",
"rjc5wndon.Sa-re laed o s npbi ot.Ira h it oteesn edt C")])