[Tutor] Simultaneous Adobe Reader

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 28 09:33:38 CEST 2005

>From windows, using a python script how can I open
> Adobe Reader without displaying a PDF document?

Just start the reader executable with no arguments.

os.system(r"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat
7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe")

Does it for me.

If you need to send commands etcto it you propbably need
to to use popen()/commands/subprocess depending on your
preferences and Python version.

> to run two Adobe Reader sessions simulatneously.

Yes of course but to communicate with them you will need
to store the pipes in different variables.

An alternative approach is to use the WSH COM objects,
but thats a whole new topic!

--
Alan G