[Tutor] Prevent "Coder's Remorse"?

Ron Phillips RPhillips at engineer.co.summit.oh.us
Wed Sep 28 15:51:52 CEST 2005

 Kent Johnson wrote:
<snip>I'm curious about why you want to do this, it is kind of a
strange requirement.</snip>

Yeah, that was bothering me, too. I was a little unsure if I'd even
defined the problem properly; that's what I meant by: "Am I even asking
the right questions?"

I'll play around with the class a little and see if it helps me clarify
to myself what I am trying to do. I was kind of on the right path, but
I've never written much with __getitem__, __setitem__, etc. and it
wasn't going at all like I had in mind. I've found that when I patch and
patch and patch my code, it's usually because I am trying to do the
wrong thing altogether. And I wasn't using Class attributes properly,
either.

Thanks so much! Sorry for the vague question, but I really think the
class you made is close to what I needed.

Ron