[Tutor] drawing squares

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 29 02:07:08 CEST 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 Goofball223 at wmconnect.com wrote:

> How would I get the following program to draw squares instead of circles?

What have you tried so far?  What part of your program is the part
responsible for drawing circles?  What happens if you change that part?

To tell the blunt truth, the questions you've been asking so far have been
contentless and, frankly, uninteresting.  Although we do encourage people
to ask questions on Tutor, there is a flip side of this: you have to show
some initiative.  Please do enough to show that you're actually trying
something and doing something to understand things.

Otherwise, it really looks like you don't care about anything other than
getting a "right answer", and nothing demotivates a volunteer more than
being asked to do someone else's homework.  We're interested in helping
people understand how to solve problems, but we're really not interested
in doing your homework exercises.

"How to Ask Questions the Smart Way" talks about this some more:

Thanks.