[Tutor] removing file from zip archive.

w chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 01:26:57 CEST 2006

> How can we remove one file inside of a zip archive?
>
>         import zipfile
>         ziparchive = zipfile.ZipFile('test.odt', 'r')
>         xmldata = ziparchive.read('content.xml')
>         ziparchive.close <--- ADD "( )" HERE TOO

Sophon,

You can remove any number of files from a ZIP file, but it has to be
processed manually by you.  When you read() a file from a ZIP archive,
you actually have all the data with you, i.e. xmldata.

All you have to do is to open another file to write it out to disk, i.e.,

f = open('content.xml', 'w')
f.write(xmldata)
f.close()

hope this helps!