[Tutor] Python tutor

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 00:49:16 CEST 2006

>> I tried at one stage producing JavaScripted versions of the code in my
>
> I found this site the other day and I thought that it would not be too
> difficult to generalize this technique into a simple tool for authoring
> tutorials.
>
> http://www.jorendorff.com/toys/

Yes, this is similar to something else I tried which was a collapsing editor
style presentation where you could collapse or expand functions. The problem
was that I found it difficult to get a version that worked properly on all
browsers and the amount of code to get it universal was too much for
me to tolerate in a web page! (I'm a minimalist when it comes to HTML!)

Alan G
Author of the learn to program web tutor