[Tutor] preliminary app design question

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 12:42:04 CEST 2006

On 4/5/06, Hugo González Monteverde <hugonz-lists at h-lab.net> wrote:

> Now seriously. Are there file formats meant to be used and understood by
> other programs in principle (we know it is a nice feature, but is it
> necessary?)?

There will be input data and output results from program A that may be
utilized by program B. If the two independent designs are linked to the same
project then they will share this data, if they aren't part of the same
project they wouldn't. I would assume that would mean that the file formats
of all the design programs would have to be readable and changeable by the
master program. Not sure if this necessitates XML, but to me it seems like
standardizing the formats will make things simpler.

hope this rant helps a bit

It did. Thanks.