[Tutor] Unittest not running all test cases

Carroll, Barry Barry.Carroll at psc.com
Fri Apr 7 20:56:51 CEST 2006

Greetings:

I'm not certain this is the right forum for this question.  If not, please point me to the correct one.

I am using the unittest module to test a package our team is writing.  I presently have three modules of test cases and a top level module to run the entire suite.  The hierarchy looks like this:

    testsymgen          top level
        testsymc39      61 test cases
        testsym25        44 test cases
        testsymc93      0 test cases (so far)

testsymgen is a very simple file.  Here it is:

import unittest
from testsymc39 import *
from testsym25 import *
from testsymc93 import *

if __name__=='__main__':
    unittest.main( )

Each of the sub-modules runs correctly, but when I run testsymgen, only 99 test cases are executed.  Can anyone tell me why this should happen.  Is there some sort of limit on the number of test cases that can be run in a batch?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Barry

Regards,