[Tutor] Decorators

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 21:19:08 CEST 2006

Hello-

For some reason I have decided to learn about decorators; I heard them
talked up at  Pycon the past two years and want to know what all the fuss is
about.  I might even use them in my code :-)

My problem, and this is after reading PEP 318 and other items found when I
"Googled" for decorators, is that I can't figure out the practical use for
them.  This surely means that I do not understand the concept because Python
does not waste my time or energy.  Can any of you gurus either explain what
all the excitement is about or point me to examples of how/why I would want
to use decorators?

Thanks for your attention...