[Tutor] Python for sysadmins (Was: failing to learn python)

Carroll, Barry Barry.Carroll at psc.com
Tue Apr 11 02:00:03 CEST 2006

Payal:

I agree with Kent: the Python Cookbook is an excellent resource.  And,
it has a whole section on System Administration. try this URL:

     http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python?kwd=System

You can also try Google.  I entered 'Python sysadmin'.  Here are just a
few potentially interesting sites that came back:

     http://www.samag.com/documents/s=8964/sam0312a/0312a.htm
     http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=8989/sam0401d/

http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2002/05/09/sysadminguide.html

Look through these and other resources, choose an example function that
relates to one of your tasks and try it out.  Post questions and
problems here.  Good luck

Regards,

Barry
barry.carroll at psc.com
541-302-1107
We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.

-Quarry worker's creed