[Tutor] odbc

John CORRY john.corry at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 15 16:24:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have just run the test package within mxODBC.  I get the following
result.

mx.ODBC Test Suite

Subpackage Name [Windows]:

Available Datasources:
Excel Files          - Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)
MS Access Database   - Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)
Visual FoxPro Database - Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver
Visual FoxPro Tables - Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver
dBASE Files          - Microsoft dBase Driver (*.dbf)

DriverConnect arguments [DSN=test;UID=test;PWD=test]:
Clear AUTOCOMMIT  ? (1/0) [1]
Run tests continuously to check for leaks ? (y/n) [n]
Use direct execution of SQL statements ? (y/n) [n]
Run long benchmark ? (y/n) [n]
Show driver type information ? (y/n) [n]
Output file [stdout]:

Testing package mx.ODBC.Windows version: 2.0.5
        compiled with Unicode support
        using Python version: 2.4

Test suite:
 Connecting to the database.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\mx\ODBC\Misc\test.py", line 2346,
in ?
    rc = main(packagename)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\mx\ODBC\Misc\test.py", line 2278,
in main
    connection = apply(connectapi,connectargs)
OperationalError: ('IM002', 0, '[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data
source name not found and no default driver specified', 6044)

It gives me the same error that I am experiencing when I run my code.
Does this mean that I have not installed something that I need or have
not installed something properly.

Thanks,

John.