[Tutor] GUI

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 19:52:00 CEST 2006

> I want to create a GUI, and I downloaded the pyQT stuff.

Any reason why you must use PyQt?

Not that it's a bad toolkit but there is less expertise in using
it so unless you already use it from another language
- like C++ - its going to be a lot harder to learn than Tkinter
or wxPython which are the two most commonly used GUI
tookits.

Both Tkinter and wxPython are free, Tkinter comes with Python,
wxPython is a searate download. wxPython tends to look nicer
and has some fancier widgets. You pays yer money etc...

>  read some stuff about having to purchase licenses.
> For commercial development, who do I need to contact for licensing?

TrollTech own Qt, their licensing arrangements seem a tad complex to me.
Try their web site.

Alan G.