[Tutor] Tutor FAQ?

Mike Hansen mahansen at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 25 02:49:27 CEST 2006

On Apr 22, 2006, at 3:15 AM, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Ed wrote:
>
>> I don't think the FAQ is open to public editing yet.  I'm not sure
>> when it will be, but Fredrik might be able to give a timescale.
>
> There are a few known conversion issues to deal with (the FAQ uses
> a lot more "looks like markdown syntax" than the tutorial, which con-
> fused the converter).  I've made some progress, but it'll probably take
> another week before everything's sorted out.
>
> When Ed brought up the tutor/tutorial FAQ idea, my first thought
> was that Ed and other volunteers could add pages in a separate
> "tutor-" namespace (to avoid collisions with material from the
> existing FAQ), and ended up writing a couple of paragraphs on
> how to manually convert titles to page names.  When I found that
> I had written "this isn't quite as hard as it may look", I realized
> that it would be better if I just wrote a script that did this.
>
> So, while I'm working on that script, I suggest that you start adding
> stuff the "tutor suggestion" page that I just set up:
>
>     http://pyfaq.infogami.com/suggest-tutor
>
> One entry per comment; use "## title" to mark the first line as the
> FAQ entry.  I've added Mike's examples.
>
> cheers /F

Hi,

I'll post the questions and answers to the list first. If I don't get
any corrections or clarifications in a day or so after posting, I'll
add it to the tutor suggestion page. Ed mentioned that you are using
restructured text. Should I put the entry in restructured text? I spent
some time last night reading up on restructured text and docutils.

Thanks,

Mike