[Tutor] Tutor FAQ?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Apr 25 03:40:11 CEST 2006

Mike Hansen wrote:

> I'll post the questions and answers to the list first. If I don't get
> any corrections or clarifications in a day or so after posting, I'll
> add it to the tutor suggestion page.

excellent!

> Ed mentioned that you are using restructured text. Should I put
> the entry in restructured text? I spent some time last night reading
> up on restructured text and docutils.

the infogami site uses markdown, which is a similar (but a bit simpler,
imo) syntax.  There's a very brief introduction on

   http://pyfaq.infogami.com/suggest-tutor

(which basically says that you should use ## to mark the entry title, and
indent all code snippets by at least four spaces)

and there's an on-line test editor here:

   http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/dingus

(that pages also contains a cheatsheet and links to full documentation).

When this is moved over to python.org, it'll either be handled as HTML
or converted to ReST (which is the main syntax used on python.org),
but that'll all be taken care of by tools.  The important thing now is to
get the content in place.

cheers /F